What is License Plate Recognition (LPR) Technology and How Is It Increasing Safety, Security, & Residential Appeal In Communities Across The Country?
- By: admin
- On: 05/23/2022 17:06:24
- In: Community Resources
WHAT IS LICENSE PLATE RECOGNITION (LPR) TECHNOLOGY AND HOW IS IT INCREASING SAFETY, SECURITY, & RESIDENTIAL APPEAL IN COMMUNITIES ACROSS THE COUNTRY?
By: Connor Sheil, omniQ VISON
License Plate Recognition Camera technology has been around for quite some time to help identify and log vehicles that drive through a specific area. In the early years, this technology was used in large part by city law enforcement looking to monitor the vehicles driving in and out of city limits. However, since its introduction many housing communities have seen an opportunity to take advantage of the LPR camera's ability to improve security and efficiency at entrances/exits – making it one of the most popular surveillance technologies available today
Implementing LPR technology for monitoring vehicles has many benefits for both the community and law enforcement. Community Management has the ability to know exactly who's coming into any given property with the ability to create custom hotlists for troublesome individuals that have been barred from entering. If a person on the list is spotted driving around, law enforcement will be alerted to prevent an incident before it occurs. Not only does it give managers peace of mind but also those living within these areas because they'll know someone is watching out for them!
Additional Benefits of Implementing LPR Cameras in Housing Communities:
- Increased security: LPR cameras capture all vehicles entering and exiting a community.
- Automated Access Control: Gates at entry and exit points of the community can be opened and closed automatically as a vehicle approaches and the license plate is read.
- Ease of Use: Community members can register their vehicles and guests' vehicles easily through a web application.
- Share Information: Instantly share data with the local law enforcement agency to check license plates against criminal databases to keep your community safe.
- Residential Appeal: Higher-quality residents are attracted to communities that offer technologically advanced safety features. Vice Versa, residents who do not cooperate with the law are deterred from residing in these area's
If your community is looking to increase overall safety, security, & Appeal or would like more information on how LPR works, please contact Connor Sheil (email@example.com) or visit www.omniQ.com
Growth and Development Manager