Legislative Support & Legislative Updates
As the representative for Manufactured Home Community Owners in Arizona, MHCA offers legislative support for local, state and national legal and regulatory issues affecting the manufactured housing industry in Arizona. Look for Legislative Updates to be published here this summer.
MHCA has successfully defended community owners regarding the following state, local and national issues:
- Rent Control
- Tenants’ First Right of Refusal when a Community is For Sale
- Tenants Having Years as Opposed to Months to Bring Their Homes to Community Standards
- Reclassification of Some RVs as Manufactured Homes
- Pima County Property Taxes
- Utility Rate Hearings
- Zoning issues, Including City of Mesa, Apache Junction and Benson discriminatory practices
- Fair Housing Laws
- EPA Drinking Water Regulations Affecting Communities Billing Tenants for Water
- Postal Box Regulations
- Standards to which Manufactured Homes Must be Built
Support on Regulatory Issues:
Community owners have a position on the state Board of Manufactured Housing, which sets many of the standards for manufactured homes including foundations, which affect community owners. Through the support of its members, MHCA has been working to protect the rights of Community Owners for over 55 years!
MHCA offers publications for our members and education and events for park owners and managers.
- MHCA’s Annual Conference in Phoenix features national Industry leaders and speakers. Exhibitors present new services and products, the seminar schedule for the year is outlined and community owners enjoy a golf tournament as well as endless networking opportunities.
- MHCA’s Southern Arizona Conference presented in Tucson, is a one-day conference which also showcases speakers, exhibitors and networking opportunities.
- MHCA fullfills state requirements with one-day seminars throughout Arizona on topics such as the Arizona Mobile Home Parks Residential Landlord & Tenant Act, fair housing laws, legal issues and practical tips for the day-to-day management of communities. The speakers are well respected industry members. Participants receive proof of attendance. Discounts on registration are offered to MHCA members.
MHCA maintains a Community Directory on our Website and Publishes a directory annually. Members may update their online community listing at any time and add additional information.
Free MHCA Web Site Listing
A free listing on the MHCA Website including contact information for your community. Community Members may also list homes for sale on our website.
MHCA offers a complete directory of service providers within the manufactured housing community.
Stay up on developments with industry news stories and articles within the manufactured housing community.
- MHCA’s Newsletter, Today & Tomorrow
Articles on legal, legislative and management issues by attorneys familiar with the manufactured housing and recreational vehicle industries. Mailed directly to you and/or your community managers six times a year.
- MHCA manuals assist community owners managers and are offered to MHCA members at a discount. View Publications for sale in our store.
Landlord / Tenant Mediation Services
MHCA and the tenants’ association have established a mediation program to resolve disputes within a community. Mediation may mean resolving a problem before it goes to court!
MHCA’s Board of Governors and staff are available to assist you with your questions and concerns.
MHCA offers “Blue Ribbon” recognition, a sign of achievement known throughout the manufactured home industry to those communities who demonstrate high standards for excellence in property management, maintenance, training and resident satisfaction. Find out how to become an MHCA Blue Ribbon Community.
Unit Organizational Support
MHCA has divided the state into 10 regions or Units. The Units offer community owners the opportunity to meet and discuss local issues and network. Each Unit is asked to elect a person to represent it on the MHCA Board of Governors, the governing body of the Association.